We are a big fan of Little Critter's apps and I think it is great to be able to review this app as I get to introduce some new things to our kiddos, such as pond, ground bees and more.
* Title: Just A Day at the Pond
* Price: $0.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Mar 19, 2014
* Version: 2.6
* Size: 39.4 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description from the product page:
"Join Little Critter in this interactive book app as he heads off for a summertime day at his grandparents’ farm! Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. Little Critter loves to fish the pond and collect frogs, but he doesn’t really know how to swim. That is, until the help of some bees he's kicking and paddling like a pro."
* This app is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the objects in each page on the screen and the words pop out to tell you what it is!
* I used the opportunity to teach our boy to be careful with his surroundings now that he is going for his preK and his class has physical activities at the nearby park. Honestly, this is the first time I learned about ground bees so I make sure our kiddos know there is such insects and to be very careful everywhere they are.
* I also used the opportunity to explain to our boy that we should be humble and not arrogant, to learn new things when there is opportunity given.
* Overall a nice story for the family!
You can purchase the "Just A Day at the Pond" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"